Bunni Dybnis has been the Director of Professional Services at LivHOME since its inception in 1999. She brings more than 30 years of experience as a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and a Care Manager, Certified (CMC) to her work. She has done pioneering work with the terminally ill and the bereaved and in the last 18 years has focused exclusively on the field of aging.
She is recognized nationally as an educator, a speaker and an expert on issues of aging and geriatric care. Her knowledge and experience have led to frequent interviews that have appeared in print, radio, television and the Internet.
Bunni received her bachelor’s degree and education credential from UCLA and a master’s degree in education psychology from California State University, Northridge.
Bunni is active in an extensive list of national and local organizations, including:
- National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (NAPGCM), past board of directors and current Fellow in The Leadership Academy
- NAPGCM, Western Regional Chapter, past board of directors president
- Trinity Hospice, board of directors
- OPICA Adult Day Care, board of directors president
- Team of Older Person Services (TOPS), co-chair
- Older Adults Task Force City of Santa Monica, member
- Fiduciary Abuse Service Team (FAST) of LA County, member
- Alzheimer’s Association of the Southland, Professional Training Committee, chairperson of Caregiver Support Advisory Board, Speakers’ Bureau, and 2008 CA Guidelines for Alzheimer’s Disease Workgroup
- American Society on Aging, Health and Aging Leadership Academy, editorial board
- Phillips Graduate Institute, Issues on Aging, instructor
- Bruin Professionals, member
- ProVisors, member, and the Westside Women’s Network, chairperson
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy and the LA Leadership Group, member
- Adult Mediation and Resolution Services, board of directors
- Organization of Women Executives, board of directors
Bunni has been honored with awards for her service and expertise, including the following:
- 2010 Adele Elkind Award, NAPGCM
- Exceptional Woman in Eldercare, The Women’s Business Network of the Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce
- Rose Kleiner Award for Excellence in Care Management, NAPGCM, Western Regional Chapter
- B.J. Curry Spitler Community Service Award, NAPGCM, Western Regional Chapter
Bunni can be reached directly at (323) 932-1308 or by email at email@example.com.