More than 1/3 of adults 65 and older fall each year in the U.S. Falls are the most common cause of nonfatal injuries and hospital admissions for trauma.
Many falls are preventable. A LivHOME Care Manager can help to reduce the risk of falls by taking the following precautions:
Home Safety Assessment
- Review environmental risk factors such as slip rugs, loose cords, cluttered pathways, inadequate lighting, lack of home safety devices, etc.
- Review medical conditions, medications and sensory deficits that may impact gait stability
- Review past history of falls to identify propensity for future falls and explore confidence/fear of falling
A Care Manager can:
- Offer specific recommendations regarding home adaptations
- Consult with medical professionals to assess appropriate treatment options
- Create a plan to ensure the senior has the appropriate assistive support; partner with the client/family on a plan to rebuild confidence and sustained activity level
For a complimentary phone consultation and to learn more about our Care Managers and how they can help families and seniors, contact us.